Sunday, July 15, 2012

Celebrate America Underwear Run Race Report

From July 6, 2012, Central Park, NYC

I suppose there are three ways to time it (I went with the second option, as I did last year)
1.83 Miles 13:33 7:27 Pace (CardioTrainer time and distance)
1.70 Miles 13:33 7:58 Pace (My time with the official 1.7 mile distance)
1.70 Miles 13:42 8:04 Pace (Unofficial gun time with the official 1.7 mile distance)

Regardless, I am pretty confident I went below 7 minutes for the first mile, which was my goal. Usually when CardioTrainer messes up it would show like 12.4 miles when it should be 8.2 miles and then my pace is high 5 to low 6 minute pace. First mile was 6:46 which seems believable. Last year CardioTrainer had it 13:43/1.79 miles, first mile 7:03.

I also saw my Daily Mile friend Ciara S. who is now is I believe my 3rd Daily Mile friend I met in real life. She was easy to see as Catwoman and we talked running before the race. She said she was going to take it easy and do it as a fun run, but despite me gunning it, she crossed the finish very shortly after I did.

Notice if the 6:46 is the first mile, it took me 6:47 to go the last .83 miles, or 8:10 pace. I wasn't trying to be consistent today, but I find it interesting.





























No comments:

Post a Comment