Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Jamaica Underwear Run in Central Park

From Friday

1.79 Miles
13:43 Time
7:40 Pace

The website says its 1.7 Miles but CardioTrainer had more.

My friend Tracy was suppose to do this event but she canceled and suggested on her blog someone say they are her at registration. This is a free event but it reached capacity, though they don't stop people from running it who aren't registered. With registration however I got a ticket for bag check and free boxers at the end. I was honest and told them she canceled and I would taking her place, and luckily they took my word.

I got to the event a bit early and was a little self conscious to strip. As more people came, it was easier to just to, you know, take your pants and shirt off, and put on my costume. I was able to get close to the front of the start and when the race started I was blocked briefly by two sets of two people holding their arms together and people on my side. After I passed them I was able to keep my pace without worrying about bumping into anyone. It was tough running at the 7:40 pace and I didn't really hold a steady pace based on the CardioTrainer graph. I was really psyched the first mile was 7:03, despite that I took some pics while running.

I slapped hands with the Naked Cowboy when I finished and then someone from the press (or maybe Brightroom) stopped me and asked to get a picture. Then I remembered to stop CardioTrainer (so actually my time might be a little faster.) All in all it was a fun night. Good weather. I also recognized the friend of someone I know from races and I said hello and introduced myself and we chatted for a minute or two. It was neat to run through Central Park in my boxers and see other people in their underwear and costumes as well. Some people in the area didn't care, other people cheered myself and the other runners on which was nice. The tourists were probably confused.

http://www.nyctri.com/Jamaica_Underwear_Run.htm
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=210537628985105
Pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/59540935@N08/sets/72157627366706220/
Youtube Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Da2xR9edA

1 comment: