Saturday, April 16, 2011

11.51 Mile Saturday Long Run

11.51 Miles
2:14:14 Time
11:40 Pace

I was hoping to do a little better.  I did this route like 5 months ago and ran it about 5 minutes faster.  I guess I was a little cocky and started out too fast.  According to CardioTrainer, my first mile was done at a 10 minute pace, which is a little fast for me.  Of course I don't check my splits until I am done.  I started feeling a bit sluggish around mile 6.  At mile 7 I had a Cliff Shot energy gel (these are Vegan, I checked) and a Gatorade prime.  Mile 8 took me over 13 minutes to run as I started walking a bit.  I did pick it up and ran my last few miles around a 12ish pace.  I did enjoy running to Interpol "Turn On The Bright Lights" and Smashing Pumpkins "Siamese Dream" and I do feel ready for my trail half marathon next weekend with Tracy.  We probably aren't going to race it the way others do but I was also hoping not to have to walk either.





















I really love running up hills.  Not the greatest picture, but its hard to take a good picture of a semi long hill with a gradual incline.

No comments:

Post a Comment