Saturday, April 30, 2011

Curried Tofu on Coconut Quinoa

A lot of friends seem to be talking about quinoa, so I figured I'd give this a try and I searched for a spicy recipe online.  I made the second recipe, the curried tofu, so I didn't make spicy peanut sauce.  I forgot to buy the can of coconut milk but the Silk coconut milk seemed to work just fine.  The quinoa was a little bland, which I guess is expected if its a rice alternative and you mix it with spices or sauce.  I am jealous of the picture shown on the website, I am not sure how people make the tofu so perfectly cubed.  I am guessing they dry it more than I do but I am not sure.  Overall, a decent recipe, but it does feel something is lacking.  Maybe I should have used more spices or coconut milk.

http://paxye.com/blog/crispy-tofu-with-spicy-peanut-sauce-on-coconut-quinoa/

No comments:

Post a Comment