Saturday, May 14, 2011

12.94 Mile Long Run

12.94 Miles
2:17:56 Time
10:39 Pace

Fastest pace at a 10+ mile distance (excluding races)!  I felt great, well not really great, but good enough to keep a decent pace.  The weather was nice as well.  The route was suggested by my running buddy Tina and it had a little of everything.  Lots of rolling hills, downtown (nice scenery), back roads by water (nicer scenery), a main road with traffic but sidewalks to be safe (not really nice scenery but watching traffic does help take your mind off things) and rolling hills.  Did I mention the rolling hills?  I think I am getting a little stronger from Bear Mountain and Van Cortlandt.  I will have to try route again.

For fuel prior to the run I had about half a smoothie, a large bowl of cereal and a YouBar (*my* YouBar actually), which I got via Groupon, with the 5 main ingredients being cashew butter, dates, brown rice syrup, cherries and pumpkin seeds.  Not sure if that helped me run but I didn't feel hungry.  During the run, I had 1 Gatorade Prime about 1.5 hour into the run and 8oz of water at about 2 hours.  No need for the gels.

I will have to use the distance CardioTrainer says.  I can't MapQuest about 10 minutes of the route since what I thought was the road I had to turn on was the back entrance to a business.  MapQuest says the rest of the route was 12.09 miles so that seems accurate.  I should mention CardioTrainer was a little funny today.  My first 3 miles were 11:14/11:54/12:29 and the last three 8:56/6:54/8:57 and I don't see the the first 8 miles on the map, despite me having GPS enabled.

No comments:

Post a Comment