Thursday, May 19, 2011

RFR Realty 5K Corporate Run/Walk

3.1 Miles
24:07 Time
7:46 Pace

I felt crappy running, but I guess that is expected.  I wanted to stop around mile 1.5, which is the hill.  They are a lot tougher when you are tired.  I pushed through though, but my hip was sore during after the race.  I'll update this when the results are posted and I am not half asleep.

...

Update (or rather better written race report)

On May 20, 2010 I ran my first race, the Stamford RFR Realty 5K. I finished in 33:39, which is a 10:50 pace. I finished 766th out of 1191, or bottom 35.7%
On May 19, 2011, I ran the Stamford RFR Realty 5K for the second time. I finished in 24:07, which a 7:46 pace. I finished 307th out of 1598, or top 19.2%

I felt crappy running, but I guess that is expected in a 5K. I wanted to stop around mile 1.5, which is a mild, but long hill, and walk for a bit. Hills are a lot tougher when you are tired. I pushed through though, but my hip was sore during and after the race. I thought I ran like 25:30 or something, as I looked at the clock when I finished and I thought it was around that time. I didn't have a watch/timer on me. The runners didn't seem to be going that fast that wear near me and I felt sluggish. I will probably take a few days off as I am still a little beat. Beat, but psyched I finally cracked an 8 minute mile.






















Zumba warmup























Finishers

No comments:

Post a Comment