Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Runs at Fire Island

Saturday
3.65 Miles
43:11 Time
11:50 Pace

Sunday
3.19 Miles
56:14 Time
17:38 Pace

I went down to Fire Island with a group of 12 people and there were some runners in the group.  On Saturday I ran with Joe.  He apparently ran track in HS.  He found a route from Mapquest or whatever app he has on his cell.  I didn't know the area, so I just stayed behind and let him lead the way and I took the two pictures you see below.

Sunday I ran with Nicole who is recovering from an injury and wanted to take it easy.  Her ankle was bothering her so we went extra careful.  I knew the area more so went a simple route to Ocean Beach and had some breakfast at Rachel's.  I felt the trip was a special occasion so I decided to have a mimosa.  I didn't realize this until I logged the miles at home but I started the day out with 1498.88 miles and finished 1502.07 miles.  Another reason to celebrate.  Later in the day we also did some yoga, which is her specialty.

Monday was suppose to be me, Debbie, Tom and possibly Mel going on a run but 3 nights of little sleep adds up and no one wanted to run.  I took a rest day Monday instead of going alone.  Tom lives near me so we might run together at some point.



No comments:

Post a Comment