Sunday, May 1, 2011

Vegan Cupcakes and Frosting

My Daily Mile friend Randi D posted pictures of vegan cupcakes she made on her profile and I asked for the recipe. I wasn't sure how this would turn out. I don't have a sifter, I used a random recipe for mayonnaise and I used almond milk instead of coconut milk. I also rarely bake. From reading about ingredients online I learned people debate whether margarine is vegan and for those who think it is vegan, its a good example of why being vegan doesn't equal being healthy. I used vegetable oil instead which is probably just as unhealthy but I do like sweets on occasion though. The cupcake itself was ok, a bit bland. I thought it would have more of a taste with the agave nectar and the cocoa powder. However, the frosting was quite good. I think I put too much almond milk with the cream which is why mine have a glazed look. Overall quite tasty.
 
 Mine

 











Hers 

















 



Recipe

1 comment:

  1. At least you tried it. Keep at it and you may have to be the first vegan cupcake shop in town

    ReplyDelete