Friday, June 24, 2011

6.02 Mile Run With Ron

6.02 Miles
56:59 Time
9:28 Pace

I ran with Ron who I met at the local running group.  He is a 3:30 ish marathoner and 20 ish 5Ker.  I was a little intimidated but he said he was due for a recovery run.  I told him for 5+ mile runs pacewise I am low 9s on good days and low 10s on bad days.  He actually said I was selling myself short during the run today.

The pace for the run turned out to be my best among the 36 runs I have done between 6-6.99 miles, we went a little beyond 5 (the last PR was back in November and that was mostly track workout).
Also, as I was going down a backroad a truck drove by slowly.  There was a tree and some of the top branches were above the road.  As the truck went by and brushed the branch, I thought to myself, good thing I am not right under it, and the next thing I know it falls to the ground.  It wasn't a huge branch and I was 10 feet away, but it could do some damage if it hit me.


Blurry picture of the tree branch

No comments:

Post a Comment