Saturday, June 4, 2011

11.95 Mile Long Run

11.95 Miles
2:11:47 Time
11:02 Pace

Why can't I run like this every day?  Not as impressive as my recent 12 miler at a 10:39 pace, but I felt very strong running.  I finished very strong, mile 10 was 10:18 and 11 was 10:21 and I had a few miles left in me.  Out of the 14 times I have run 11-11.99 miles, this was my best pace, with my prior record being from November where I ran 11:18 pace.  Also, I finish this week (Sun-Sat) with the second largest weekly miles in the last 12 weeks (35.95, highest is 38.55).  For breakfast I had some Cheerios with coconut milk and a smoothie.  During the run I consumed 1 11oz bottle of water and one package PowerBar Energy Blasts.  The weather was cool enough so I didn't need more water or the Gatorade Primes I brought.

I also rocked out to a band Nicole from the Fire Island trip suggested, Cinnamon Chasers.  Their album "A Million Miles From Home" has a dream pop/shoegaze/electronica sound to it.  Good stuff, great stuff actually, its not so different from Interpol and Heaviness, as all have dreamy albums good enough to listen to on long runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment