Friday, June 3, 2011

Black Bean Oatmeal Burgers

I found this recipe in the March issue of Yoga Journal, which I read on the Fire Island Vacation. I couldn't find the recipe on their site, though they have many others to choose from. Apparently another blogger tried the recipe and liked it so much she reposted it, or atleast the ingredients portion of the recipe. The blogger uses the same ingredients but cooks it longer than the Yoga Journal recipe, which seems to be a better idea. My problem was the burger wasn't super firm despite the amount of time I cooked it. The burgers tasted good, but some condiments can help. I added some pickles and hot sauce. The burgers are quite filling and I will have some leftovers. Definitely good at a BBQ or on a nice summer day. Not difficult at all to make, just difficult to make them firm.

http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2011/04/homemade-bean-burgers.html










No comments:

Post a Comment