Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chickpea Quiche & "Frozen Ice Cream" Smoothie

I know one too many vegans, or atleast people that appreciate healthy recipes. Running buddy and good music fan Nicole sent me the link to Two Vegan Cooks earlier this month (I think she knows or knows people who know the editors) but then I got confused and told her I was going to make kale stuffed shells from The Vegan Stoner and thanked her for sending me the link, but then we awkwardly realized that I got the sites mixed up. Someone else sent me the Vegan Stoner one. I got the issue straightened out and I tried the Chickpea Quiche. I actually was going to make the No Meat Loaf but I needed a juicer. I knew it would be challenge as I don't have a food processor, just a blender, and now I realized I needed water (which makes sense) but I overlooked it in the recipe. It still came out ok. A different texture than quiche but still decent. I used two teaspoons of cayenne and that was a little much. I will probably try it again to see how if I can make it turn out better.

She also sent a recipe for a "frozen ice cream" smoothie that is pretty simple and doesn't involve ice cream but is thick. I used the honey instead of the stevia, which I am not really sure what is but I have been recently seeing that in other recipes. I'll probably use a non frozen banana next time as it really didn't get blended and when I drank the smoothie my nose would touch the banana and I would get some of the mixture on it. Good thing I eat alone.








No comments:

Post a Comment